Monday, March 26, 2012

The best little bakery in Paris


To be fair, I may not be 100% qualified to make that judgement.  However, Boulangerie Bazin was my absolute favorite bakery in Paris.  And based on the constant line - out the door and up the street - the local Parisians agree with me.


The croissants were, in one word, AMAZING: light as air, crispy on the outside, fluffy on the inside. 

Ooh la la!

The only thing that would have made them better was if they were just out of the oven, and still warm.  Although considering that I didn’t purchase them until 11 AM that might be asking a little much.



Everything else looked top notch too.  If I had a better command of French - which is currently limited to "croissant, s'il vous plaît"- I may have ordered half of the shop.  As it was, the extra croissants, pan au chocolat and brioche I picked up barely lasted the day.


Boulangerie Bazin specializes in Bazinette aux Graines and is just a block from the Marché d'Aligre market in the 12th arrondissement (district) of Paris.  The Bazinette is named after the proprietor of the shop, Jacques Bazin, and contains flax seeds, sesame seeds and poppy seeds. 


However, if you want to try one of these beauties, make sure to get there early.  Or else all of the locals who are in the know will snatch them all up.  So make sure to stop there on your way to Marché d'Aligre (which is also definitely worth a visit) and stock up on all of your favorites.

Bon appetit!

Boulangerie Bazin
85, bis rue de Charenton (12th arrondissement)
Métro: Ledru-Rollin
Tel: 01 43 07 75 21
(Closed Wednesday and Thursday) 

Do you know of any fantastic bakeries in Paris (or anywhere else for that matter) that I have to check out on my next visit?  Tell me about them!

6 comments:

  1. Jinny (#agathason)March 26, 2012 at 3:12 PM

    Yes, I know one place named Boulanger Patissier in Versailles , France
    Address: 60 Rue Paroisse , Versailles
    Awesome sandwitches :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jinny! I have always wanted to see Versailles so that is definitly on top of my list for the next time I make it to France. And coming from London, which is the land of premade sandwiches, I will definitly be checking this place out!

      Delete
    2. You are very welcome. !!!:)
      There is another great bakery I know in Paris.
      Le Moulin De La Vierge
      64 Rue St. Dominique 75007 Paris
      The best Baquette I had. :D

      Delete
  2. Cool, I will definitely add that to my list as well! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eric Kayser is a fantastic Boulangerie in Paris. I know there are a few locations, but I visited the one in the Latin Quarter. It is a must go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the suggestion Susan! Apparently my next trip is going to be a gluttony tour and I can't wait!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...